Hey guys, today i bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4, which has Android KitKat 4.4.2. As far as i know Android L 5.0.1 is available for this phone, but when i search for software updates it tells me that the newest version of Android is already installed. Is there a period of time that you have to wait before the update becomes available for a new phone, or is there some trick that i have to do?

P.S. : A firend of mine bought a Samsung Galaxy A5 a month ago, which also came with Android KitKat installed. His phone announced him that there's an update to Android L 3 days after he bought the phone. So i'm guessing that you just have to wait some time, but i wanna make sure.
    08-11-2015 03:25 PM
    Normally Android updates are only available by permission of your provider unless your phone is rooted which I'm under the impression it is not. So whomever your provider is... AT&T, Verizon, Tmobile ect... you will have to wait till they clear permission for it. Whereas Apple users recieve updates directly with your permission.
    08-15-2015 11:11 AM
    When you do recieve update think on it before download because it is completely different from kit Kat. I miss Kit Kat so much more. Widgets are no longer available for lockscreen, the UI is white screen.. hard on the eyes... no dark mode available. Some have also complained of battery drain but fortunately I have not had this issue for I too have a Galaxy S4. And some Google play store apps may not be compatible at this time till developers update. Just some tid bits you may want to know ☺
    08-15-2015 11:21 AM