I posted this on reddit but did not get a response so I'm hoping I have better luck here.
    I'm not too technically savvy but I can normally manage to fix issues. I updated to 5.1.1 (Verizon, Galaxy S6) and my non-pre-installed apps (or so far only non-gmail/pre-installed samsung SMS apps) have had a rapid blinking LED notification. My notifications used to pulse at about 3-4 seconds no matter what the app but now they blink every second and it's tiresome to the eyes. The only way I've been able to fix this is by using a 3rd party app (Light Manager) but this doesn't fix all of them that don't have the option to turn off the LED notification on the individual app's settings (inside of the app. examples: LinkedIn, Tumblr). I know the pro-version of Light Flow supports these but I don't really want to pay for something like this.
    It's ridiculous that I have use a 3rd party app to sort-of fix a small nuisance but I'm wondering if it's an issue with my phone (I reinstalled apps and had the issue persist) or if the software had an issue installing, or if maybe it's the individual apps themselves (since gmail and the samsung sms app don't have the issue)? Or maybe it's just an issue all around.

I also read via a post on Samsung's developer forum from the Light Flow creator that there was a change to LED behavior but only to Samsung devices for 5.1.1 (you can find the thread under the title "Samsung 5.1.1 roms LED behavior change" on that forum on the General Board as I am unable to post a link).

Does anyone else have this issue? And is there any way I can fix this or will I have to live with a 3rd party app running until Marshmallow rolls out and hopefully fixes it?

EDIT: Please delete this thread.
    08-21-2015 01:33 AM