New to Lollipop and frustrated because of the new Gmail or nothing approach. I am used to email being deleted from my phone after it has been deleted on the server -- POP3 accounts supplementing my Gmail account no longer do this
    09-01-2015 05:29 PM
    New to Lollipop and frustrated because of the new Gmail or nothing approach. I am used to email being deleted from my phone after it has been deleted on the server -- POP3 accounts supplementing my Gmail account no longer do this
    Have you tried any other email apps?
    09-01-2015 05:39 PM
    Since it is POP3 accounts that you're having this problem, it's hard to offer a solution other than Ry's advice to try another email app. The default for POP3 operation is to delete email deleted on the phone from the server. Some email clients offer an option to leave them on the server, but...well, that's not what you want.

Apparently your email app is not communicating properly with the mailserver. Try another app.
    09-01-2015 06:20 PM
    You might have to change the protocol from POP3 to IMAP in both your gmail settings and in whatever app you're using.
    09-01-2015 08:31 PM