WheneverI try to update my device software Android lollipop it says operating system modified in an unauthorised way. I have never rooted my phone. My friend said it is because of knox present in my app list. What to get rid of this. I'm neither able to uninstall it nor disable it. Help me.
    09-03-2015 09:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Did you get it brand new? If it's used or refurbished, it's possible a previous user rooted it, then unrooted it (which I think would still trip the modification detector). Try bringing it to a Samsung Store in Best Buy (if you're in the US), and see if they can help.
    09-03-2015 01:16 PM
    My wife's Note3 is getting the same with latest Verizon stagefright OTA fix a week or two ago. NEVER been rooted or played from factory(minimal apps installed as she isn't a power user). All OTA updates in the past have gone fine all the way back to jellybean. She gave up and it hasn't asked to update again since.
    My Note3(bought the same time) update since went fine. I wish they never went to Lollipop from 4.4.4 a while back!

Robert

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App
    09-06-2015 05:37 PM
    My wife's Note3 is getting the same with latest Verizon stagefright OTA fix a week or two ago. NEVER been rooted or played from factory(minimal apps installed as she isn't a power user). All OTA updates in the past have gone fine all the way back to jellybean. She gave up and it hasn't asked to update again since.
    My Note3(bought the same time) update since went fine. I wish they never went to Lollipop from 4.4.4 a while back!

Robert

Opps sorry I looked at hers again and it wasn't the same error/message; it just said something like Update Failed with no real explanation. Oh well. Hope you figure yours out!

09-06-2015 05:49 PM