Unable to boot after Update 5.1 on Verizon Moto X 2013

G L2

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Today I saw an update notice on my 2013 Moto X from Verizon. So I clicked "Install", ..., "Yes, I am in".

After downloading ~700MB binary and installing, I got the usual login screen.

I keyed in my usual password to unlock the encryption/decryption sequence to see "Check..." with a progress bar that's not moving.

After maybe 10 seconds, the screen goes dark completely. The only way to wake it up is holding down power button for like 10 seconds. And it would boot again and repeat the above steps.

What's going on??? I repeated about a dozen times. At this point, I have given up on getting my phone back and am willing to do a system reset. Even that, I am not sure what to do. Any advice? Thanks.

G L2

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
OH MY GOD.

I gave up on it but didn't want to lose the data. So I decided to take out the SIM card and try to move it another phone while waiting for the internet to come up with a solution. Somehow the SIM card doesn't fit the other phone and so I placed it back. GUESS WHAT???? This sucker started booting and updating apps and one by one just like that. After a long wait (99 apps after all), I got my phone back. I was able to make a call and receive a call. I haven't verified much else but I thought I would want to update the internet to save some frustrated souls.

Try taking out the SIM card and putting it back. I don't know how long I kept the card out but good luck!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance