Sad Statistic...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the wrong level of comparison. The correct level would be identifying how long it took to get Lollipop out to 20% of Nexus 5 devices. Keep in mind that Samsung, Moto, LG, etc all run different software.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I totally hear what you're saying, and it's technically correct. But in the end, what matters is if and when one's android phone gets updated. Of course they can all buy Nexus, but that's obviously not going to happen. Google, and the manufacturers, and the carriers, all have a LONG way to go to improve the situation.

I guess the article just highlights the fragmentation problem that us non-Nexus users have. Meanwhile, hey Google...will you please make a next-generation 5.2" Nexus equivalent to last year's Moto Maxx, and have it spec'd out to the max?

Posted via Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm so over the updates thing. If you really need to have the latest, get a Nexus or do the custom ROM thing. Otherwise enjoy the phone you have for the reasons you bought it.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm so over the updates thing. If you really need to have the latest, get a Nexus or do the custom ROM thing. Otherwise enjoy the phone you have for the reasons you bought it.

Oh don't worry, I do enjoy them, and I'm glad you're over "the updates thing". But it will become a bigger issue in the future for the companies involved. You may totally disagree, but it will; I trust you can figure out why.

And by the way, as has been discussed endlessly on these forums, not everyone wants a half-foot long behemoth in their pockets. Yeah, rooting etc. is an option...but it would be nice to have a simpler option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown