Here's my issue, any help ASAP would be appreciated.

I was at a drive thru using my phone and I put it down and fumbled it as I put it down and when I picked it up to pay for my order, I had a locked screen. I normally use the fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone and its rendered useless. I get the locked by device manager screen. When I put in the password that I thought was I get incorrect backup password.

I know my google password to get into android.com/devicemanager. I know my password to my Samsung account and to findmymobile.samsung.com but on findmymobile I guess i did not complete the registration process so that is useless to me also.

I can access android device manager. I can set a display message, ring the phone set the phone number to call if lost and when I set a new password I get "We successfully sent a lock request to your device. Since google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered wont be needed." I have used every password under the sun that i can think of and nothing. I have some documents I really need to have and wiping is not an option till I know i'm stuck with no option available.

My question is then what are other people with this problem, how were you able to resolve it or what have you tried so far. I have read in a few places that people are having the same issue with s6 also.
    09-20-2015 06:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you fail the unlock enough times, are you prompted for your Google password? If so, make sure you don't have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account.
    09-20-2015 10:18 PM
    I sometimes get the message that if i fail after so many attempts etc.. does nothing. just locks for 30 seconds and then back to the same lock screen.
    09-20-2015 11:05 PM
    This is always problematic. I'm not sure what else can be done, if it doesn't ask for your Google credentials. How many different backup PINs did you try? When you select a backup PIN, it's supposed to ask you to confirm it, so it's unlikely that you initially entered a typo for whatever PIN you wanted to set. If you're positive that you're entering the correct backup PIN, then the software may be glitching, in which case you might be up the creek.

Try bringing it to your local Best Buy, and ask the Samsung rep if they can do anything.
    09-21-2015 01:35 AM
    Ok for a follow up.
    I have tried everything and anything scouring the internet for a couple weeks with no fix. Until now. I have my old Samsung Galaxy S3 I was thinking maybe I can clone the files saved on it with NFC, file share etc... What I found, was I knew I had setup a Samsung account and I knew the password and login, I wasn't sure how I could access the account but not the Lock out features of the AndroidDeviceManager or findmymobile.com/samsung. Well I still cant get pass the lock out screen.

What I did find was the Samsung Link app. I logged into my account through the app after I did a factory reset on my old SG3 and just let it update all apps and settings and logged into everything like i was using the phone everyday and had the Note 4 powered on also. That app had my Samsung Note 4 and the SG3 listed when I selected the Note 4 I could scroll through all my Photos, Music, Video and Documents almost as good as getting into the phone. I am going to download all of it to a SD Card so I can reload it. Then once im done I will factory reset the note 4.

Hope this helps people out there I know their are a lot of people out there in the same boat that just cant get passed that lock screen. Anyone else have a other ideas drop them here, Id like to see what anyone else found.
    09-27-2015 09:39 PM