Keep all/more emails on Android 5.0.1 lollipop

some2

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I use the default email app, called Email, that came as part of my LG spirit H440n 4g lte from 2015. I should mention that I think the phone was with lollipop 5 as it came, but immediately as I first launched it found an update, and it updated to 5.0.1. So I have 1 gmail account, 1 microsoft exchange account and 1 @live.com account (which is also clearly an MS account) linked to my Email app. The only problem I experience is that the app will only keep the latest 2 or 3 emails from any of the 3 accounts I have. How can I make it keep (and actually sync) all my emails ... even the ones from waaay back in time? Searched the settings but to no avail. PLS help? If possible I'd like to stay with this app. For now I don't want to resort to another 3rd party app, since there is this default one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open the Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the email account, and look in the options for sync settings. You should be able to select how far back to sync your email.

some2

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the effort. I tried everything but there is no such setting ... do u have a screenshot or sth to show me what to look for?

some2

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Well ... that just seems to be a flaw in the app or the OS, because I went through every single thing ... I can't believe that a 2015 phone does not have a stock email app that allows such a basic thing as to simply tell it how many emails to keep. I mean .. it's amazing! I only see 3 email from either one of my accounts and I have millions I need to plough thru. Anyone else please?

GlennTX

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I know its not stock/native to your phone(However it's still google) but I use the Gmail app. It syncs my 3 gmail accounts, 1 Yahoo account, 1 live.com account and 1 private email server without an issue.

some2

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, mate! Will give it a try. Still ... can't believe the stock app does not have a setting for such a ridiculously basic thing ...

some2

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Well ... tried Gmail, but could not get it to link to my Exchange account for my school mail ... most other email apps link seamlessly with my school mail, but Gmail ... gFAIL ... Very strange stock email app though ... very very very strange ...

some2

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Ammm yeah, for the other 2 it did. Dunno though why it would not sync with my school exchange account. I as said I tried plenty of other apps already and they do sync with it.

PS
Why do I not receive automatic notifications when someones posts a reply to this thread? I started it anyway ... so it needs to be by default that I get the notifications ... Is there a way now to subscribe to this thread (and future ones) so that I DO receive notifications for threads I started or participated in ???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try a 3rd party email client, like Aqua Mail.

To get notifications about replies, go to the AC Forums website on your desktop browser, click on Settings (right under your username and next to your avatar), then General Settings, then Default Thread Subscription Mode. Make sure it's set to "Instantly using Email, Push."

some2

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I am indeed using a 3rd party app, but I see no reason why the default stock Email app in my lollipop does not have a basic features such as to decide how far in history to show emails ... anyway, thank you for your input :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that it's not an intentional omission, but rather some kind of conflict or glitch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance