I've made a huge mistake. I hate Lollipop.

Is there any way to completely disable the quick settings in the notification area without rooting? I don't like them being there. They're ugly, bulky, and useless to me. I have Power Toggles for this and preferred the further settings (picking the network and all that) to be on its own page. Power Toggles is a hell of a lot more convenient to me and tidier too. The addition of the quick settings also makes it difficult to expand notifications now because if I do it at the same speed I always did on KitKat it pulls the stupid settings down instead.

If there's a root-free app that can get the quick settings out of there and better yet put the little button from the top right corner back that flipped to the further settings then I'd love to know. I've tried several apps to do this but none have worked so far (launchers, extended settings apps, status bar apps, etc) but none seem to even touch that area. I don't know if they just don't have access or what. If I could root, I'd try but I have the 1st gen Moto x on Verizon and as far as I know I can't even unlock the bootloader, let alone root. I've looked online a lot for this but can only really find how people disable particular toggles that show up after using them once, but I want the whole thing gone.

There's a lot I don't like about this update, but this is one of the big ones.

I also just realized I spelled my userrname wrong when I signed up. D: Damnit.
    09-26-2015 08:27 AM
    Hello, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately you can't do that without root. I use Power Toggles in the notifications bar as well and this is what I do. I use Nova Prime gestures to expand the notifications swiping down anywhere on the screen. It's not a fix but you can see if this workaround makes things easier for you. Just notice this won't work when an app is open, there's no way to change that.
    09-26-2015 09:00 AM
    I'm rooted. How can I get rid of or turn off the floating icon? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-01-2015 05:27 AM