Samsung Galaxy Note 4Edge. I had no issues when it was running KitKat. But since the update to 5.0.1 I believe ,multiple times my keyboard freezes. I get Samsung keyboard noto responding. And Facebook constantly freezes up. Verizon had me go to settings and can cache out on Samsung keyboard . Also backed everything up to my laptop using kies. And wipe phone. And reinstall. Still having these 2 freezing issues. Now Samsung said for me to take it to best buy and get it reflashed. To see if that fixes it. This is a certified like new replacement. And my 3rd phone since March. March I'd when I actually bought phone brand new. Pixels messedup. Took back got a new replacement. Still issues. Got 2 more after that. I'm fed up.Verizon doesn't want to help. Samsung says I can send it in. Will take 2 weeks time to send in,fix, and ship back to me. Help. I'm fed up. I'm fixing to throw it through window at verizon.
    10-02-2015 08:19 PM
    Well, as far as Facebook, there are many reports their new updates were messing it up. Facebook errors all over the place. You might want to make sure you have their latest update.

The keyboard issue may very well need a reflash. Not sure, but it is a system app. After you did the factory reset, did you check to see if the keyboard issue was still present? I mean, did you check it before installing any apps? If your playstore is set to autoupdate, it may have reinstalled all your apps directly after the reset and one of them may be messing up your keyboard.

I would start the phone in SAFE MODE and check if the keyboard issue persists. If it doesn't, then one of your apps is causing the problem.

Beyond that, if you're in the USA and close to a Bestbuy, go see if the Samsung rep can have BB reflash the phone on site. I pretty sure they can. I'm surprised Verizon can't reflash the phone for you.

EDIT>>> forgot to mention... It's recommended you wipe the cache partition in recovery and do a factory reset whenever your OS get's updated. If you haven't wiped the cache partition, you might want to do that.
    10-02-2015 09:17 PM