I'm trying to find an app that really tells me what is eating up my battery. Through trying many, many battery apps, I have yet to find one that works, and am hoping you may have some suggestions for an app or something to give me this information...

Let me explain, I updated my T-MB Note 4 to Lollipop (I did a hard reset and installed the update), and then I started adding apps back in and have a spreadsheet that documents what I installed in what order. Everything was going fine for the first week or so, but then all of a sudden the phone started draining from 100% to 0% in 15 hours, with very little usage. I installed and tried all sorts of battery apps, but nothing was saying any apps were the culprit; so I started deleting the apps I suspected might be the problem. After deleting a few apps, yesterday I tested it again and in 15 hours it drained only 36%!

So one of these apps were the problem, and I'm planning on installing them one-by-one to see which it is. But my question is, why did none of the battery apps (Default Battery Stats, GSam, Battery Doctor, etc., etc., etc.) show any of these as being the cause?

I love Android and have been on it for many years, but this one thing drives me nuts! Every time I update the operating system or get a new phone, I have to create a list of what I install, in what order, so when the battery bugs out I can usually find the problem eventually...

Sorry for the long explanation, but I thought the history was important. So, does anyone have suggestions for an app or something that would provide me with a way to truly find out what is draining my phone without going through this tedious process?

I would really appreciate some positive suggestions! Thanks.
    10-07-2015 10:03 AM
    Anyone any suggestions?
    10-09-2015 03:36 PM
    Did you try wakelock detector?

Sent from my Skyrocket running Candy5
    10-14-2015 02:39 AM
    Unfortunately, you have to be rooted, don't you? I've rooted some devices in the past, but due to warranty coverage and the craziness of my life, that isn't an option for me right now... Any other app or ways you can think of would be truly appreciated!
    10-14-2015 06:25 AM