I have a new LG Tribute Duo phone from Spring Prepaid running 5.1 Lollipop that I picked up today and am in the process of configuring. One of the things it's doing is downloading the apps from my old phone in updated form -- obviously a very large task. It's doing it over my Comcast WiFi router.

Here's the snag: the apps from Google itself: most notably Google Play Services -- are hanging on the downloads to alarming degrees. To make matters worse, these are the apps the phone is almost completely non-functional without. Without Play Services, just about everything else related to the downloading and installation of apps does not work. I did not get the opportunity to downloaded it first and get it out of the way, so now I have everything else I try to open depanding an uiipdate to Play Services and that update hangs in the middle of the download.

I sometimes wonder if these phones are specifically engineered to be non-functional as punishment for poor credit....
    10-09-2015 11:30 PM
    I had problems with Play services about the same time, but google has been slow on my Windows laptop as well. I read that Google has had some service outages today - it affected Drive as well. Try again tomorrow, I guess
    10-10-2015 12:13 AM