I have wiped my cache partition and rebooted my phone many times. Nothing is working. On top of the home button not working, any time I click a link from anywhere on my phone it freezes and I have to exit the app to get back to where I was from scratch. I own a moto g 1st gen with boost Mobile. Any way to revert back to the previous android version?
    10-15-2015 10:03 AM
    Welcome to AC!
    There is no way to downgrade your phone back to KK. Have you considered backing up your phone and doing a full factory reset?
    10-15-2015 10:04 AM
    I also have Moto X, 1st gen - Verizon. After the Lollipop update yesterday, my phone is completely messed up. I, too, did a cache partition wipe, and it still is buggy. I cannot update, install or uninstall any apps. Just cycles through the "updating" process -- has gone over an hour, and never updated. Reaches a certain percentage, depending upon the app and stops. Same thing with uninstalling - will not uninstall any app.

I have gone to "settings", "backup and reset" and ensured that the "back up my data" button is enabled and that the backup account is the Google account used for my phone. Have also enabled "automatic restore". Two questions: is that all I need to do to ensure that everything is backed up including pictures and contacts? And secondly, when it has reset itself, how do I access the backed up data? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    10-16-2015 09:55 AM
    You want to back up your pictures/videos on Google Photos before anything. Makes it easier to restore and access them after you reset. The contacts should be backed up to your Google account already. You can open the Contacts app and edit one to see if it's being saved to a specific account
    10-16-2015 10:50 AM