After down loading 5.1 all my contacts in my gmai accountl appear in my phone listing, including email addresses. I don't want to scroll through all that to get to a phone number. I tried creating a new contact folder in gmail to move the email addresses out of "My Contacts", which I have been told populates the phone listing. It didn't work. I tried selecting a customized view in the "Contacts App". Still nothing changed. If I delete the email contact from my phone, it also disappears in gmail. This really sucks! I'm close to buying an iPhone to eliminate dealing with this garbage.
    10-30-2015 11:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Some Contacts apps have an option to display only contacts with a phone number (like my Zenfone 2).
    dpham00 likes this.
    10-30-2015 02:31 PM
    After down loading 5.1 all my contacts in my gmai accountl appear in my phone listing, including email addresses. I don't want to scroll through all that to get to a phone number. I tried creating a new contact folder in gmail to move the email addresses out of "My Contacts", which I have been told populates the phone listing. It didn't work. I tried selecting a customized view in the "Contacts App". Still nothing changed. If I delete the email contact from my phone, it also disappears in gmail. This really sucks! I'm close to buying an iPhone to eliminate dealing with this garbage.
    06-06-2016 02:13 PM
    I have the same issue. Did you figure it out , how can only phone numbers displayed in contacts.?
    06-06-2016 02:15 PM