I have just bought a brand-new CTRONIQ SNOOK C70R with Android 5.1 Lollipop, as present for my young cousin. It came with facebook pre-installed. It downloads and installs other apps just fine from Google Play store, but it refuses to install Messenger. I tried uninstalling the stock Facebook app, and now it won't install Facebook either.

It downloads fine, but installation fails with "Unknown error -505". I have tried clearing data and caches from Google Play and Google Play Services. I have tried Recovery mode and cleared the Cache partition and rebooted. I also removed the google user account and reinstalled, still no luck.

As a last resort, I tried sideloading the current facebook apk (and a few earlier versions) from apkmirror.com but installation still fails with the simple message "Application not installed". I also cleared and restarted Download manager.

This does not look like a google play error, but an error with the apk itself as it is ONLY these two facebook apps which are failing to install. I am lost as to why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated.
    11-07-2015 05:10 AM
    It might be a server error. Have you tried installing through WiFi?
    11-07-2015 08:10 AM