After updating to lollipop many of my app icons got duplicated and unable to remove icons since there is no trash can or uninstall option on long pressing on icon
    11-12-2015 05:10 AM
    Do you mean the shortcut icons on your home screen? Which phone do you have? If you long press on an icon the "remove" option should show up on the top of the screen. Drag the icon there.
    11-12-2015 05:51 AM
    I have the same problem. If I long press an icon on my home screen, there's no "remove" option. I have 5.1 version of Lollipop and Lenovo p70 phone.
    Thanks for help.
    11-13-2015 01:23 AM
    I have a same problem. After update my P70 to droid 5.1 all factory, and this is a key, app icon duplicated in a screen. factary app icon isnt removable.
    i see my installed apps, but here sign not duplication. it's a bug. somebody said in another forum, when i clear data or cache in a launcer app it can solved. i did it, but not works
    11-16-2015 02:49 PM
    Hello everybody! My name is Cecilia and I've owned a Lenovo Vibe K5 for quite some time now. I've had this problem of dupplicate icons. The same thing as described here happened. I would install an app, then out of the blue it would dupplicate the app's icon for no reason (so I thought) and when I tried to uninstall the extra icon, I ended up uninstalling the entire app itself. Later I discovered it wasn't a virus or anything related to the store selling me a problematic phone. It is actually a bug related to the Lenovo laucher. Basically, when you transfer an app you installed in the internal memory of the phone, to the memory card you've put on your phone, for some reason the Lenovo laucher sees as if you've got two times the same app, that's why it dupplicates the icon. According to this video (in Brazilian portuguese)
    this is a bug that doens't affect the phone's performance, but there is a way to fix it, even if not permanently. This is what you do:
    Settings->apps management->all->Lenovo Laucher->Clear Data->ok
    This is NOT a permanent fix, for everytime you rebbot your phone, it will continue to see one app in the memory card and one app in the internal phone memory, so it WILL continue to duplicate.
    So my solution to that would be:
    -Take a look and see what apps are being duplicate and leave them in the phone's internal memory, DO NOT move them to the memory card.
    -OR change your laucher to the Google Laucher. No problems found there.
    My phone was duplicating some apps I had downloaded, it never duplicated anything that came with the phone, such as calendar, syncIt, shareIt, calculator, nothing like that.
    I hope this is helpful! I didn't post it before because I wanted to make sure it worked.
    TilakConrad likes this.
    01-07-2017 08:37 PM
    After updating to lollipop many of my app icons got duplicated and unable to remove icons since there is no trash can or uninstall option on long pressing on icon
    03-08-2017 02:59 AM