Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong thread/subject. Redirection appreciated.

I have a Samsung UN46B6000 ‑ 46" LED TV. I do not have a cable provider or an ISP, meaning no WiFi either. I figured my phone supported the ability to plug in an HDMI adapter and mirror the screen. Well, my phone is the only one that does that and everyone else isn't exactly satisfied. I did more research on Miracast and found that I might not need a WiFi network to display phones. So I was thinking of investing in a dongle for the TV but I am unsure if the television supports it. From what I've been told it should but I'd like to get a second opinion before going through the trouble of purchasing the thing. The details of the TV are linked below; it has HDMI and VGA adapters so that makes me hopeful but it is a 2010 model, which dampens my spirits a bit.

If this miracast dongle thing is a bust, is there an alternative to mirroring my phones without WIFi? The setup I had before only worked with phones that had SlimPort, which mine did. And even then, the set up was shaky at best; constantly disconnecting and requiring to be positioned certain ways.

If anyone has any ideas, answers, or help to give I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    11-17-2015 02:06 PM