When i was at kitkat, I used to be able to play music using musixmatch app and Bluetooth in car without taking the phone out of my pocket.

After upgrades to lollipop, I have to take my phone out and unlock the phone to get it to play music with Bluetooth in car. Why? Otherwise it stays at paused. There is no problem with Bluetooth connection.

I just want to play music with Bluetooth without touching my phone. I just want to control it using the car console like I did when I was using KitKat.
    Thanks
    12-17-2015 03:40 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What car do you have, and are you using the factory-installed entertainment system or an aftermarket? How were you using the car console to control the Musixmatch app? Its somewhat unusual for a 3rd party music app to have integrated controls in a car's entertainment system.
    12-17-2015 05:51 PM
    Prius c. It is a factory installed system. Only the play, pause, rev and forward buttons at the car works with the app through Bluetooth. There is no UI of the app at the car console. I guess the car send the command to Android, then Android just use whatever music app installed to play music.
    12-17-2015 06:31 PM
    When you unlock the phone to allow it to play over Bluetooth on the car, does it pause as soon as the phone screen locks again?
    12-18-2015 12:00 AM
    When you unlock the phone to allow it to play over Bluetooth on the car, does it pause as soon as the phone screen locks again?
    I tested it some more and found that it has nothing to do with phone being locked. If I turn my car key to acc first, Bluetooth connects but it cannot play music unless i manually turn on the screen. After I turn my key again to start the car, it plays music without taking the phone out of my pocket.

I have on body detection turned on and ambient display turned off.

Anyone knows why?
    12-27-2015 04:08 PM