I have recently upgraded to Lollipop on my Samsung S4 (have found this upgrade an incredibly frustrating one).

Have lost my back and menu buttons that wre located at the bottom of the phone.

I can't find a way to save my existing contacts to my SIM card.

I have gone to Samsung Kies to download/transfer my contacts for a backup but have to change my connection mode. How do I change connection mode from PTP to MTP?

I have done a google search for all of these issues and can't find answers which apply to the Lollipop upgrade.

It appears that a bit of functionality has been taken away with this upgrade.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Tan
    12-30-2015 07:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have lost my back and menu buttons that wre located at the bottom of the phone.
    Do you mean that the capacitative buttons no longer work?

I can't find a way to save my existing contacts to my SIM card.
    \
    I know this isn't a direct answer, but you really ought to consider saving your contacts somewhere besides the SIM. SIM cards typically can only save anywhere from 250 to 500 contacts, so if you have a lot, then at some point you're going to run out of room. On top of that, SIM cards can fail, which means any data on there will be lost, including your contact info. I strongly recommend you save your contacts to your Google account, which syncs automatically to your Google Contacts in the cloud. This way, if something happens to the phone, your information is safe.

How do I change connection mode from PTP to MTP?
    When connected to the computer via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB notification. Make sure MTP is selected.

Also, after a major system update, it can be helpful to wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744
    12-31-2015 04:39 AM