Why is Android 5.0, Lollipop, internal storage partitioned as "Internal Storage", and "USB Storage"?

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Why is Android 5.0, Lollipop, internal storage partitioned as "Internal Storage", and "USB Storage"?

I have a new Skytex Skypad SP736 (7" quad core)
tablet, with Android 5.0 Lollipop pre-installed.
The internal storage (16GB) is partitioned as "Internal Storage", and "USB Storage".
Internal storage is set to 2.36 GB, USB storage is set to 9.02 GB. Available space left in Internal Storage is +/- 500 MB. This ts the storage area where apps are loaded and is too small to download many apps. I have moved some apps (those movable) to the USB storage, cleared cache, and cleared data, to preserve some space (+/- 500MB) to download apps.
Is this a normal situation?; my phone has 16GB of internal storage and is not partitioned.
How do I fix this, for example force apps to load to the "USB storage", or to my external SD card (32GB)?
Also, there is NO option to move apps to SD card.
Thanks you for your consideration,
Don

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is Android 5.0, Lollipop, internal storage partitioned as "Internal Storage", and "USB Stora

Anyone have any ideas?? Please help me out here.

jfirneno

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is Android 5.0, Lollipop, internal storage partitioned as "Internal Storage", and "USB Stora

I have the exact same problem, did you ever find anything out? Does it need to be rooted?

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

jfirneno,
Trying to contact you.
Don

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

jfirneno,
This stupid forum will not allow me to send you a link, or my Email address.
Try my phone NO. 425 226 6803

Don

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

jfirneno,
This stupid forum will not allow me to send you a link, or my Email address.
Try my phone No. 425 226 6803
Don

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

Here is what I tried to send you earlier, but like I said the forum will not allow me to send the link:
I received the following from Skytex:
Hello Don, This is the default software setup we have. If you want to make the storage into one, no partition. We have updated the software which you can download and reflash the OS. Here is the link and instruction to format and update the software. (Link Removed)
Thanks, SKYTEX Support ****
Go to the link above and download the instruction file, and the Firmware Update Folder (zip). Follow the instructions to Flash the Skytex Tablet. NOW, having said all that, I have yet to make it work. Also, the business I bought the Tablet from cannot make it work either. I have contacted Skytex for additional info.

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

Wllmcmpso1,
Thanks for the reply; but, that is not the issue I have. I do not have STAGEFRIGHT. However I will entertain any solution to the above question you might have,
Thanks,
Don

ruckmn

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

All,

I, and the company I bought the SP736 from, have fixed the problem.
SP736 Tablet internal storage(16GB) can now be configured with NO (1) partition, approx 11-12GB, after system space.
I have a Word document with instructions to make it work, and the computer files to flash the tablet. I'm not sure I can give you my Email address on this forum; so I don't know how you (anyone) can get to me so I can send and attach the necessary files.
I'll try: ruckmn at comcast dot net at=@ dot=.
Don