Mobile hotspot: allowed devices doesn't work

Bluewisp

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello

I'm on Samsung S4, Lollipop 5.0.1. I'm using mobile hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet. It works good. But I wanted to allow only my laptop's MAC address to secure it. When enabled, the laptop cannot connect anymore, i.e.: it detects it, it has full signal strength, I click connect, it tries to connect, and eventually say "cannot connect to this network". Hidden network option is disabled. And I verified the mac address, it's the same that is shown when I doesn't use restricted access and that my device is connected. The password is also right, I use the same. Using "allow all devices" mode is the only way for now to use my mobile hotspot.

Maybe someone experienced this and have an idea? Thanks.

umar_a

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello

I'm on Samsung S4, Lollipop 5.0.1. I'm using mobile hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet. It works good. But I wanted to allow only my laptop's MAC address to secure it. When enabled, the laptop cannot connect anymore, i.e.: it detects it, it has full signal strength, I click connect, it tries to connect, and eventually say "cannot connect to this network". Hidden network option is disabled. And I verified the mac address, it's the same that is shown when I doesn't use restricted access and that my device is connected. The password is also right, I use the same. Using "allow all devices" mode is the only way for now to use my mobile hotspot.

Maybe someone experienced this and have an idea? Thanks.

Same thing here.

Olivier de Jong

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Same thing for me. Can't add any devices to the trusted list anymore. Used to work flawlessly before.
Since the last update XXUPOL1? I recently got an 'upgrade' from 3G to 4G. Doesn't sound like it could be related. But those are the only changes I know of.

Regards,
Olivier

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21