Hello

I'm on Samsung S4, Lollipop 5.0.1. I'm using mobile hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet. It works good. But I wanted to allow only my laptop's MAC address to secure it. When enabled, the laptop cannot connect anymore, i.e.: it detects it, it has full signal strength, I click connect, it tries to connect, and eventually say "cannot connect to this network". Hidden network option is disabled. And I verified the mac address, it's the same that is shown when I doesn't use restricted access and that my device is connected. The password is also right, I use the same. Using "allow all devices" mode is the only way for now to use my mobile hotspot.

Maybe someone experienced this and have an idea? Thanks.
    01-02-2016 08:06 PM
    Hello

I'm on Samsung S4, Lollipop 5.0.1. I'm using mobile hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet. It works good. But I wanted to allow only my laptop's MAC address to secure it. When enabled, the laptop cannot connect anymore, i.e.: it detects it, it has full signal strength, I click connect, it tries to connect, and eventually say "cannot connect to this network". Hidden network option is disabled. And I verified the mac address, it's the same that is shown when I doesn't use restricted access and that my device is connected. The password is also right, I use the same. Using "allow all devices" mode is the only way for now to use my mobile hotspot.

Maybe someone experienced this and have an idea? Thanks.
    Same thing here.
    01-13-2016 03:41 AM
    Ensure the MAC address set is for your wireless lan and not for your ethernet connection. Caught me out once before.
    01-13-2016 10:36 AM
    Same thing for me. Can't add any devices to the trusted list anymore. Used to work flawlessly before.
    Since the last update XXUPOL1? I recently got an 'upgrade' from 3G to 4G. Doesn't sound like it could be related. But those are the only changes I know of.

Regards,
    Olivier
    02-26-2016 10:00 AM