Kyocera hydro wave Android 5.1 icons disappear

Phoneguru11

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a Kyocera hydro wave from metropcs and it has Android 5.1. Whenever I move an app to the SD card, the icon on the home screens disappears. If I go to the app drawer and drag the icon on the home screen again it disappears when the phone is restarted. Does anyone know to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Are the apps still moved to SD, or do you have to reinstall the apps and move them back to the SD each time you reboot?

It might be a problem with the SD card. Can you try another one?

des619

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. Brand new (36 hr. old) Kyocera Hydro Wave from MetroPCS with Android 5.1. It took a while but I was finally able to establish that if an app has been moved to the SD card and the phone is restarted, any icon/shortcut on the home screen(s) disappears. The app is still in place on the SD card (16GB in my case; same one I was using in previous Hydro XTRM) and will run just fine if selected from the Apps menu.

If I move the app back to internal memory, I can place an icon/shortcut on the home screen(s) which will survive phone restarts. If I move it back to the SD card again and put an icon/shortcut on the home screen(s), it will disappear after the next phone restart. Completely repeatable.

I even bit the bullet and performed a factory data reset (throwing away many hours of work I had put in installing numerous apps and their associated data last night). The same behavior still occurs even in a factory default configuration with only one downloaded app moved to the SD card.