It seems that Android 5.0 and newer will not allow text apps to turn mobile data on when receiving MMS and turn it back off when done, dose anyone have a solution? now i don't even know when someone sends me a picture.
    01-18-2016 12:43 PM
    If you turn wifi off, mobile data should turn on. Text is 2G, not wifi or mobile data, so you should see the text telling you that there's a picture.
    If you turn wifi off, mobile data should turn on. Text is 2G, not wifi or mobile data, so you should see the text telling you that there's a picture.
    01-18-2016 12:56 PM
    It seems that Android 5.0 and newer will not allow text apps to turn mobile data on when receiving MMS and turn it back off when done, dose anyone have a solution? now i don't even know when someone sends me a picture.
    Yes this deleted feature had annoyed me as well. Apparently intentional by Google. Have not found anything the suggests they intend to ever put that feature back on Lollipop. I assume that rooting your phone and going to cyanogen or some other custom rom would probably get you that feature back. I have never rooted phone, so I can't say for sure.
    01-26-2016 09:59 AM