Why does WiFi not work correctly on Chinese Android 5.1 phone?

A

AC Question

Why does WiFi not work correctly on Chinese Android 5.1 phone

3 Chinese phones I have tried do NOT automatically re-connect to Saved WiFi Networks if the screen is locked, (not off - just screen locked and black).

Example: come home from work with phone in pocket ( phone is on with screen locked), the phone should automatically connect to your home WiFi without you touching it or unlocking the screen -yes ? My old Samsung Galaxy Mini, and Moto G does.

These 3 phones don't - (Cubot H1, Leagoo Elite 5, Bluboo X550 ), I have been though all the seetings, and researched this till I am blue in the face, but no joy.

I had a sellers on Amazon test this senario on a Chinese phone before I ordered it, he confirmed it, so didn't order it.

So is this a bug in the Chinese version of Android, or is it a feature to make sure you using up your data allowance and hence spending money you wouldn.y otherwise have done.

Happy days :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does WiFi not work correctly on Chinese Android 5.1 phone

Probably just a problem with your specific devices /manufacturers. I have phones from other Chinese companies like zte and Huawei and no problems.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does WiFi not work correctly on Chinese Android 5.1 phone

Many cheap Chinese phones have little "imperfections" like that. Smart WiFi Toggler usually solves that particular problem. Or using Tasker and geofencing your house to turn the screen back on would also do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC