I am trying to use Easylighting app connecting directly to the SSID of the controller. My phone won't stay connected to this SSID perhaps because it is not providing any internet service. Is this a security thing against fake SSIDs and is there a work around for it. I need to demo the lighting app in a location where I can't get on to a "real"router.
    01-24-2016 11:00 AM
    Btw Smart Network Switch is off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2016 01:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you able to test out a different phone? I'm not familiar with EasyLighting, but do you know if you're supposed to be able to connect directly with the light, or is a local wi-fi network required?

EDIT: Oh, never mind--I saw from the manual that there is a way to connect without a wi-fi network: http://www.highlite.nl/silver.downlo...ser-Manual.pdf. Are those the steps you're following?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2016 02:10 PM
    Yes I followed all the steps multiple times. My Samsung Galaxy SMG900A won't stay connected to an SSID that doesn't have real internet. Connects and then disconnects a few seconds latrr. I can get it to work on home wifi just fine, but need to demo lighting app outside with no WiFi router available.

01-25-2016 10:05 AM
    I dragged out an older JB phone, turns out the app only works on 5.x or maybe KitKat. Doesn't even show up in GPStore on that 4.0 phone. China support people say it's better on i-crap, not what I wanted to hear!

01-25-2016 04:53 PM
    Sorry for the delay. If you go to Settings>Wi-fi and tap Menu>Advanced, what other options do you see besides Smart Network Switch?
    01-28-2016 07:24 PM
    Always allow scanning, and auto connect were checked. Others available. But no copy and paste.
    Meanwhile, another app, WiFi-104 does allow a direct connection to work, so there is some hope that an app can be correctly written to work.

01-28-2016 11:40 PM
    The next step would be to see if you can borrow someone else's phone that's running Lollipop or above, and see if it works on that. If not, then it may be more of a problem with the lighting controller than your phone (or Android in general). Is it supposed to work with iPhones, and if so, can you borrow an iPhone to test it out?
    01-30-2016 01:24 AM