Notification Badges not showing up, gmail and others?

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Running on a Samsung s6 active..

I cant seem to get a notification badge for new emails (counter) to work with the gmail app on its icon.. i thought at first this was working, now it doesnt seem to be.

Same thing for other apps like facebook.. i'm assuming maybe they arent there only for certain apps by default? (not sure why)..
I do get them for the regular email client and for messages (sms).

I thought to remedy this i would install Nova Prime + TeslaUnread.. even with this, at least with the gmail app, no badge.. facebook suddenly has one though. (is this accurate, that android only has badges for certain apps? i'm not sure i follow the logic on that, even windows phone 10 has them and of course iphone, for most apps).

I'm also concerned running something like TeslaUnread might be a battery drainer, but maybe not..

I've tried removing teslaunread and reinstalled, gmail didnt change (facebook and others still show their badges though).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Running on a Samsung s6 active..

I cant seem to get a notification badge for new emails (counter) to work with the gmail app on its icon.. i thought at first this was working, now it doesnt seem to be.

Same thing for other apps like facebook.. i'm assuming maybe they arent there only for certain apps by default? (not sure why)..
I do get them for the regular email client and for messages (sms).

I thought to remedy this i would install Nova Prime + TeslaUnread.. even with this, at least with the gmail app, no badge.. facebook suddenly has one though. (is this accurate, that android only has badges for certain apps? i'm not sure i follow the logic on that, even windows phone 10 has them and of course iphone, for most apps).

I'm also concerned running something like TeslaUnread might be a battery drainer, but maybe not..

I've tried removing teslaunread and reinstalled, gmail didnt change (facebook and others still show their badges though).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Welcome to Android Central!

You need to make sure that the unread badge is turned on in the Nova settings and also go in to TeslaUnread and actually tap on the Gmail option then pick which inbox you want. It should give you an option to turn it on.

fd8b1dd997e80ca8151c3d254ccfa492.jpg