I can't add my Google account on my Android version 5.0 lollipop

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
When I go to setting>account>add account then it always says "There is a problem communicating with server try again later" I also already have reset preference setting>app>menu>reset preference still it says same couldn't sign in. Please! Help me with this problem

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't add my google account on my anroid version 5.0 lollipop

Do you actually have an internet connection? Try opening mail.google.com in the browser and see if that works.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah! Of course I have internet connection. And also mail.google.com also works

Apologies, but it is necessary to ask these questions. :)

Make certain that you have not disabled any core Google services. Go to settings -> Apps -> All (I forget exactly how it is setup on Android 5.x) and check Google Play Services and Google App to ensure that both are enabled.

I have also read of possibly corrupt Google Play Services, but reinstalling is not a simple task. The best you might do is Force Stop it and then reboot your phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hello Zeniz, welcome to the forums! Have you enabled the two steps verification for that Google account? If so, disable it temporarily from a different device and see if it makes a difference.

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Javier P ... Yeah! I disabled 2 step verification and it still didn't work. It says couldn' t sign in

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

What phone do you have? Do you have any other Google account already active on the phone? You could try clearing cached data from your storage settings and wiping the cache partition from recovery.

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Micromax canvas spark Q380
No I don't have any google account active on my phone. I also already have cleared cache data but no changes

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Did you check disabled apps as I said above?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

If nothing works maybe you should consider a factory reset.

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Yeah N4Newbie I have checked disabled apps also. And factory reset is already done 3 times. But still the same problem. Does it happen because of root also?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah N4Newbie I have checked disabled apps also. And factory reset is already done 3 times. But still the same problem. Does it happen because of root also?

So, now we find out that the phone is rooted.

Do you mean you simply unlocked the bootloader, or have you gone beyond that? Why did you root? What have you installed?

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Anything is possible. I would find the factory restore images from either the manufacturer or xda and restore completely to unrooted stock with fastboot. Then if I wanted to root I would make completely sure I was using the correct twrp or clockwork mod and supersu and see if it happens again.

To me to android ask's to be rooted as long as google does not have a decent way to do backups, with rooting titanium backup rivals apple's. Without it, it's pathetic. That and adaway. If google added in their own app like titanium it would make a huge difference, either that or bought titanium.

People for sure should always decide for sure if this is something they really need first though and for certain know what they are doing. I'm not saying you do not, but just saying.

No matter what happens though anyone on a non root forum like this will always blame any problems on root. It CAN happen, but typically if one runs a half baked rom.

Are you running stock rooted or a rom? What phone?

I ran my x pure on lollipop and marshmallow both unrooted as long as I could, but I have been rooting since the beginning and google has not addressed backups except in marshmallow and it's pretty bad. I think I had maybe 4-5 apps that used the app data backup and you cannot backup on demand. I am not back to rooted lollip running a semi stock rom and it runs better than it ever has. Staying with this. My shield will be running lollipop also, I ran both on it unrooted until I sent it back for replacement.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Mod Note, Cleaned up some posts. Please keep it on topic. If you wish to discuss another topic, please create your own thread, or join a thread on the similar topic instead of hijacking this one