Lollipop 5.0.2 broken update?

Wolfie ProHD

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a VF-895N (rooted and stock rom - update 130FFN2), yesterday I decided to update my phone from 5.0.2 120FFN2 to 5.0.2 130FFN2, I removed root and made a hard reset, started the update process but at the very end of the update, it said "error", then I got stuck into a bootloop " no command" but managed myself to re-flash stock rom already updated with the latest version. When it finished flashing, I booted up the phone, started to remove bloatware, rooted the phone and started to install apps like Facebook, Instagram and other stuff like that.
I finished installing all the apps I wanted but I noticed my battery was draining very fast and also my phlne was overheating, I tried to open Instagram for the first time but it freezed, tried the same with Facebook, it freezed.
Overall the phone's performance was very bad comparing to the one I had before re-flashing.
Now I don't know what to do, some apps close or freeze, the phone does not overheat much now bcuz I installed setcpu and set the values to min.=240mhz and max.=980mhz thl I don't understand much of these things... (Initially the values were 1.020mhz of min. And 1.080mhz of max.
I did hard reset 3 times and I always get the same result and I also cleaned the cache too.
I can't downgrade bcuz there is no stock rom available anywhere except for a flash tool (Sugar QCT) that flashes the latest update, which I already have and seems to be broken.
Please help me.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a VF-895N (rooted and stock rom - update 130FFN2), yesterday I decided to update my phone from 5.0.2 120FFN2 to 5.0.2 130FFN2, I removed root and made a hard reset, started the update process but at the very end of the update, it said "error", then I got stuck into a bootloop " no command" but managed myself to re-flash stock rom already updated with the latest version. When it finished flashing, I booted up the phone, started to remove bloatware, rooted the phone and started to install apps like Facebook, Instagram and other stuff like that.
I finished installing all the apps I wanted but I noticed my battery was draining very fast and also my phlne was overheating, I tried to open Instagram for the first time but it freezed, tried the same with Facebook, it freezed.
Overall the phone's performance was very bad comparing to the one I had before re-flashing.
Now I don't know what to do, some apps close or freeze, the phone does not overheat much now bcuz I installed setcpu and set the values to min.=240mhz and max.=980mhz thl I don't understand much of these things... (Initially the values were 1.020mhz of min. And 1.080mhz of max.
I did hard reset 3 times and I always get the same result and I also cleaned the cache too.
I can't downgrade bcuz there is no stock rom available anywhere except for a flash tool (Sugar QCT) that flashes the latest update, which I already have and seems to be broken.
Please help me.
You should be able to go back into Recovery, wipe data/cache, flash the ROM and Gapps (if it's AOSP) then boot. Hopefully that helps. If you made a backup before trying to accept the update then try restoring that and see how it goes.

Wolfie ProHD

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I did not made any backup, I'm re flashing the ROM again to see what happens, thank you.

Edit- I think I already know what caused this problem but I'm not sure, I hope the flashing goes right this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7