Hey guys. I have a new Huawei P8 and am coming from an HTC One M8. While I'm connected to wifi, my cellular connection shows "3G." If I make or receive a call, the sound quality sucks. It sounds like a robot. If I disconnect from wifi, I immediately get 4G and the quality is perfect and I have full signal. I've never had an android phone that even showed a cellular connection while wifi was connected. Usually that icon disappeared. And I was always connected to 4G in the past. I haven't seen 3G in years. Why is my phone connecting to 3G and giving poor call quality while on wifi? Thanks.
    04-18-2016 09:37 PM
    Hey guys. I have a new Huawei P8 and am coming from an HTC One M8. While I'm connected to wifi, my cellular connection shows "3G." If I make or receive a call, the sound quality sucks. It sounds like a robot. If I disconnect from wifi, I immediately get 4G and the quality is perfect and I have full signal. I've never had an android phone that even showed a cellular connection while wifi was connected. Usually that icon disappeared. And I was always connected to 4G in the past. I haven't seen 3G in years. Why is my phone connecting to 3G and giving poor call quality while on wifi? Thanks.
    Sounds like you have Wi-Fi Calling Enabled, but I am not familiar with the Huawei P8 so I am not even sure if it supports it or not.
    But I would look into that first
    04-18-2016 10:47 PM
    There's no wifi calling on the P8.
    04-18-2016 10:53 PM