Hello guys,

My daily driver is a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I noticed an unnatural battery drain when I'm on mobile data (LTE/3G/2G). The problem seems to be on Google Play Services and Android OS. I searched on the internet for a solution for this problem but nobody seems to know why does it happen and I found some people saying that it is a Lollipop bug. Apparently, when you are connected to mobile data, the Google Play Services and Android OS doesn't seem to sleep when your cellphone is on stand by. One strange thing to notice is that this problem doesn't happen when I use wifi. I already did a factory reset and it didn't solve the problem.

Does anybody knows how to solve it?

Wifi off and using LTE/3G
    Google Play Services an Android OS Draining Battery-without-wifi.png

Wifi On
    Google Play Services an Android OS Draining Battery-wifi.png

*Sorry because of the language of the pictures, they are in portuguese and I hope you guys can understand.
    04-23-2016 03:43 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried a reboot?
    04-23-2016 04:24 PM
    Yes, a lot of times. I also did a factory reset and nothing changed.
    04-23-2016 04:27 PM
    Hmm....since a reset didn't help, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Maybe resetting app preferences? That should have happened with the reset, but I guess there is nothing to lose by trying.
    04-23-2016 07:12 PM
    Just did that. For now, it doesn't seem to change the problem. I am testing with wifi off to see what happens.
    04-23-2016 09:39 PM
    Guys, I did try the resetting the app preferences but didn't change a thing. I tested for a week and I am still getting pretty terrible battery life. When I am using just mobile data I have to charge my phone 2 times with a moderate use. The strange thing is that when I use wi-fi everything is fine and my battery lasts as expected. Have anyone experienced this with Lollipop? It's possible to change with the Android 6 update?
    05-01-2016 08:01 AM
    Try turning off google location history. The Android 6 update should help a lot with the doze mode feature. Also installing greenify and enabling the feature to help the phone get into does more faster may help. After installing any major Android update, of course make sure to do a full factory reset.
    05-20-2016 10:12 AM
    Try turning off google location history. The Android 6 update should help a lot with the doze mode feature. Also installing greenify and enabling the feature to help the phone get into does more faster may help. After installing any major Android update, of course make sure to do a full factory reset.
    I'm not rooted so will I be able to use that greenify feature? I already have location turned to battery saving mode and history turned off but I still have the issue.
    05-20-2016 11:04 AM
    Well, hard reset helped me (boot menu, not by entering in settings on your phone), have you tried hard reset also?
    05-20-2016 01:27 PM