I have an issue on my phone where every once in awhile things become unresponsive.. then suddenly random apps i've not opened in days or weeks suddenly say, for instance.. "Unfortunately Twitter has stopped", or "Unfortunately ES File manager has stopped" etc

Ill often get 10 of these in a row then i cant open other apps.. like try to open facebook and it crashes immediately, or youtube etc.

To remedy I first tried doing a factory reset.. then I restored from back up.

The issues came back.

Now i've factory reset and NOT restored from backup and I still get a few, though not as many.

Is it possible I have a "bad phone" and maybe it just needs replaced under warranty? Has anyone ever had this happen and it turned out to be a bad phone, maybe corrupt storage or similar?

Thanks in advance
    06-10-2016 12:57 PM
    Hi

If the phone is still under warranty, and you have not subjected the phone to any physical abuse, or liquid damage, then yes, the warranty option is best. If it were me, I would see if I could find the OEM software at Sammobile.com and just reflash it using Odin. If you're not comfortable with that, then just contact Samsung Support and they'll get you fixed up.

Chris
    06-15-2016 08:04 AM
    Hi

If the phone is still under warranty, and you have not subjected the phone to any physical abuse, or liquid damage, then yes, the warranty option is best. If it were me, I would see if I could find the OEM software at Sammobile.com and just reflash it using Odin. If you're not comfortable with that, then just contact Samsung Support and they'll get you fixed up.

Chris
    Thanks yeah, i think my phone has an issue.. unsure if reflashing would truly fix it.. I also purchased a square trade warranty for 2 years.. if they swap it out with a new unit/serial number, i forget how that would affect the square trade warranty or invalidate it.. i believe square trade cant be used to replace it until the factory one runs out.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-15-2016 12:29 PM
    Hi

Chris
    I was going to give the odin flasher a shot.. but i'm not seeing the baseband that matches my phone for 5.1.1.. my baseband is G890AUCS3BPDS..

does it matter which baseband i use, or does it have to match?
    06-17-2016 08:48 PM