I don't see any way to download movies to the SD card rather than internal memory. Amazon says their Fire tablet allows this, can anyone confirm? Seems to me that SD cards on android tablets are almost useless, since very few apps can be installed there.
    06-28-2016 01:05 PM
    SD cards have historically been intended for media storage (i.e., music, photos, and video files), and can be very useful for people who like to have their entire music library locally stored, for example. Some devices allow you to set the SD card as the default download location, but this feature is not that common. If you don't have enough Internal Storage for the initial download, then the other option is to download the file on your computer, then transfer the file to the SD card.

Some of these limitations are intended to discourage indiscriminate filesharing (i.e., piracy), which is why most legitimate video site and apps don't allow you to download the video file as a discrete file that the user can manipulate freely.
    06-28-2016 08:49 PM
    I have just posted a thread elsewhere on being unable to access the SD Card. Surely there is a straightforward procedure for my Samsung Tab A with Android OS? What I have been told so far does not work.
    07-07-2016 03:08 PM
    I repeat Diddy's words: "download the file on your computer, then transfer the file to the SD card."
    07-07-2016 10:14 PM
    I have just posted a thread elsewhere on being unable to access the SD Card. Surely there is a straightforward procedure for my Samsung Tab A with Android OS? What I have been told so far does not work.
    What do you mean by "being unable to access the SD card"? Do you mean that it doesn't even show up in the My Files app? If the tablet doesn't recognize it at all, the card might be defective or counterfeit. If you remove the card from the tablet and insert it into your computer, does the computer recognize it?
    07-07-2016 11:21 PM
    The SD Card is listed in My Files with a few system files which dont mean much to me. Some other file managers (not all if I remember correctly) do this to a greater or lesser extent, and I can see and dsiplay photos taken with the Tablet's camera. File Commander is quite good. I expected to be able to move / install apps and files to the Card and manage them there, as I can with my Windows 10 tablet. But I have just been given a very helpful explanation of Android limitations in another thread.

I will now start to follow up the idea of managing the Android SD Card with my other computer.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-10-2016 04:41 PM