Galaxy 4

helptam

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm SO done searching myself due to the inability to narrow things down enough.
SO MANY QUESTIONS FOR YOU ALL: 1) Why disable apps to save battery or keep it running faster if THESE APPS REVERT back and are back enabled within a day or 2 ?
2) I checked AUTO UPDATE : but when my apps misbehave I look and see I'm required to manually click UPDATE. This is with apps like Google photos etc room I understand not all apps Auto update but lately even the ones that have always done it automatically SUDDENLY ARE NOT !!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Galaxy phone do you have? S4 or Note 4?

Disabling apps will only save battery if the app you're disabling is constantly or frequently active, or is malfunctioning--this is actually not that common. It might help a tad with performance by preventing the app from being able to open automatically into RAM--theoretically, this leaves room for the system to open some other more commonly used app, so that it is ready to use when you select it. In addition, disabling an app will prevent the phone from updating it (which can decrease your storage, since updated apps are usually larger than the originally factory-installed version).

That being said, apps shouldn't be re-enabling, unless you happen to be tapping the Reset All App Preferences option in the App Manager. But let's clarify something--you're talking about the Disable option in the App Manager, and not the Force Close option, right?

Regarding auto updates--open Google Play Store, tap Menu>Settings>Auto-update Apps. Is it set to "Auto-update apps at any time," or "Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2