Hi, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7(00M) running Lollipop 5.1.1.

Recently (2 or 3 days) I've noticed that my phone is taking a very long time to charge. When I checked my Battery Usage in settings, it shows that Screen us using 97% battery, so, I thought if I shut down my phone and leave it over night, the screen usage would go down... Wrong! Instead it increased to 102% and now my phone isn't charging past 77%.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category or anything, I'm very new to this forum)
    09-13-2016 04:28 PM
    This sounds very odd. It's important to remember that, when you see "97% usage" that doesn't mean "97% of the battery". That means "97% of the battery that has been used". I point this out because, if you were to pull your phone off the charger, an let it sit for 5 minutes with the screen on, I would fully expect the screen to show 90+% usage during that 5 minute period. Especially if you leave your screen at 100% brightness all the time.

I explain that because it's important to determine if your problem is actually that the screen is using so much battery that it is preventing the device from charging, or if it's just because the charger is not working correctly and you are checking the battery stats immediately after removing the device from the charger.

To figure this out, use the device through the day. Does the battery discharge abnormally fast? If it does, then you may have a problem. Again, I'm not talking about the percentage of battery usage is attributed to the screen. That is always going to be the top item in that list. I'm saying, did you used to be able to hit lunch with 80% battery left, but now your phone is dead before lunch? Because that is the kind of drain you would have to be seeing for the screen to be preventing the device from charging.

Assuming you don't see crazy abnormal battery drain, then the issue is probably with the charger itself. Is it the one that came with your phone? Be wary of cheap chargers off the 'net. That's not to say they're all bad, but you have to baby-sit them for the first few charges, at least.

Ruling all of those things out, if the phone is still under warranty, I recommend a trip to the place you purchased it from.
    09-13-2016 05:54 PM
    Thank you very much for your reply!😊

As it turns out, the problem was actually the charger brick (the part that you plugin), so I just had to replace that and once my phone was fully charged and I unplugged it, the screen percentage was a mere 2%.

I should've tried replacing the charger brick as well and not just the cord BEFORE making this post.

Very sorry for wasting your time! 😦
    09-14-2016 04:34 PM