I have a Doogee X5S with Android 5.1 and 8GB internal memory. I also have a 32GB microSD card with it.

Every time I try to update an app or install one, it always says "Insufficient storage"... Even when I have deleted lots of unneeded pictures and apps. After you click to "view storage" it even shows the microSD card has "29GB free space" so I really don't understand.

I read elsewhere people saying it is a bug that has never been fixed but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know to stop this?

Will the Windows Phone layout I'm using be messing the phone up? (I moved to Android from my Nokia Lumia 920 but not a fan and not as efficient with the Android OS as I am with Windows)
    10-02-2016 08:06 AM
    I am not familiar with your particular phone, but it sounds like it does not have anything to do with your external SD card.
    The messages might be about the data partition, for instance, which is probably inside your 8 GB internal memory. You should probably check the usage of that partition (an while you are at it, the system partition and the sdcard0), that might give you more light on where the problem lies, before you star cleaning up the wrong places.
    10-02-2016 09:19 AM
    Apps are installed to internal storage, the SD card is for storing data like audio and video files. It's not a bug, unless you consider that Google's selecting Linux instead of SunOS as the operating system is a bug. (In SunOS, storage is storage. In Linux, a device is a device, so internal storage and external storage [the SD card] are different.) You could try something like External 2 Internal SD (Root) (if you're willing to root) to get 32GB of pseudo-internal storage.
    10-02-2016 11:40 AM
    Yeah, basically just root your phone and that way you can use your storage as you want to (not talking about ROMs for your device because it sounds like a no-name chinese brand)
    10-11-2016 05:51 PM