How do i change write permissions for each app?
    11-05-2016 10:00 AM
    Lollipop doesn't allow you to change individual permissions. You could try App Ops, but that might require rooting.
    renegadejd likes this.
    11-06-2016 12:30 AM
    Lollipop doesn't allow you to change individual permissions. You could try App Ops, but that might require rooting.
    I know when you first start an app it asks you for permission. I figured there might be a way to reset it, so it would ask you again. I'll try that app ops. Thank you.
    11-06-2016 06:58 AM
    I know when you first start an app it asks you for permission.
    If it's asking for individual permissions, that would be on Marshmallow, not Lollipop.
    11-06-2016 10:34 AM
    If it's asking for individual permissions, that would be on Marshmallow, not Lollipop.
    I have lollipop. It asks for each app, when the app needs to write to the card for the first time. I have one app that I accidentally set the wrong folder. And another app that I was never asked for permission. So now that app can't write to the ext sd card.

Also, which app ops? There are several when I searched the play store.
    Attached Thumbnails Ext sd write permission-88475.jpg  
    11-08-2016 03:11 AM
    Can you show a screenshot of the message when you try to save to the SD for the first time on a given app? It sounds like it's asking you to set a default, rather than asking you to set a permission. To clear that default, check the app's settings to see if there is an option there to select the default storage location. If not, then try going to Settings>Apps, tap the Menu button, and the Reset App Preferences (which will clear all app defaults, as well as re-enable any disabled app).

I'm not sure which App Ops is the best one to use, sorry. I'd probably go with the one that has the most downloads, but read through a bunch of the reviews for each app first.
    renegadejd likes this.
    11-08-2016 01:57 PM
    Can you show a screenshot of the message when you try to save to the SD for the first time on a given app? It sounds like it's asking you to set a default, rather than asking you to set a permission. To clear that default, check the app's settings to see if there is an option there to select the default storage location. If not, then try going to Settings>Apps, tap the Menu button, and the Reset App Preferences (which will clear all app defaults, as well as re-enable any disabled app).

I'm not sure which App Ops is the best one to use, sorry. I'd probably go with the one that has the most downloads, but read through a bunch of the reviews for each app first.
    Thanks I'll see what I can do. Not sure it's worth resetting preferences.
    11-08-2016 03:04 PM