Contacts not syncing with assigned group.

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am having a problem syncing my Gmail contacts after doing a factory reset on my GS7. The contact name, number, and email all sync up fine. But the group classifications are gone, each of my contacts are assigned to a group. For refrence, I have the same account/contact list on my business phone (note 4) and the group assignments are still correct. On my desktop these groups have also been stripped off at some point. This has had to occur recently because I switch devices every month or so, and this is the first problem syncing. So I have to assume my business phone (note 4) is the problem. Under settings I'm not seeing any sync errors at all on either device. Any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say that the groups have been stripped off on the desktop, are you talking about Google Contacts on the web, or some other contact management program like Outlook?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have two different Google accounts (one for the personal phone, one for the business phone)?

I notice that you have a total of 3 threads about this issue right now. Apart from this one, there's also these two:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...s-not-syncing-assigned-group-please-help.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-6-0-marshmallow/750373-contacts-sync-note-4-gs7.html

I understand that you're hoping to increase your chances of getting a good answer by posting in multiple forums, but this can also be confusing, as people start responding in the individual threads, without knowing what everyone else is saying. It might be best to merge these threads and put them in the General Help forum, since it doesn't strike me as a device-specific nor Android version-specific issue. Would that be ok?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis