Disappearing Google Calendar notification settings

MJJC

May 30, 2017
Visit site
First of all please accept my apologies for posting this question twice as, the first time, I had not created an account.
I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy J3(2016) running Android 5.1.1, following damage to my J5, which ran Android 6. Having reinstalled the Google Calendar App on the new device, I find that several of the notifications I set for the events have disappeared. In other calendars they appear to be present still. Even more strangely, when I look on the computer calendar on-line the reminders missing on the phone are there as I set them. Is there an incompatibility between my version of Android and Google Calendar? I have tried editing and re-saving events on the PC however the only way I seem to be able to restore them on the J3 is by manually re-entering them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On the J3, go to the App Manager, select Google Calendar, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open it again and give it a few seconds to resync. Still the same problem?

MJJC

May 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. I originally, edited the events and reinstated the notifications and, as far as I can see, checking random events, they still seem to have a time set. As the problem doesn't seem to occur on my J5 (And. 6) device, I was wondering if it is an And.5 problem. Hopefully they will upgrade me to And.6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol