I have a tablet (Chinese made for company called Take2 - http://imgur.com/a/KXGDW). It is pattern locked and I do not have the email it is attached too (dad bought at car-boot sale). I want to restore it to factory defaults (to removed the pattern lock).

I can enter the Android recovery screen using a combination of 'reset' + 'power' but once there I am unable to scroll up or down because of a lack of hardware volume buttons.

1) I have tried using some Adb commands but lack permissions to do much (there are commands to simulate the volume buttons but I lacked file permissions.
    ).
    2) Bodged together a USB OTG cable, attached to a keyboard (does not seem to work in recovery mode (hoped I could use it to scroll up and down)- does work fine once in the OS).

3) Many fruitless searches on Google, following links to nothing useful.

At this point I have started considering drastic action like opening the thing up down to its PCB and seeing if there are terminals there to connect hardware volume buttons temporarily.

Help much appreciated, thanks bros.
    08-09-2017 11:20 AM
    I would suggest that you ask your dad to take it back to where he got it and get them to unlock it. Otherwise, for all we know it was a stolen tablet and unfortunately won't be able to further assist you.
    08-09-2017 11:25 AM