Batter Problems with Nexus 5 (Please read I've been dealing with this for months.

Sonicflame21

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

I have a LG Nexus 5 and for some reason the battery is draining crazy fast. Weirdest thing is even if i have it on charging it still goes down. It only charges when i turn everything including wifi and location and bluetooth off. But it only charges like 1 percent every 25 minutes. It has become such an annoying thing. I loved this phone and i knew its battery life wasnt the best. But i dont think it should be like this. I have tried resetting my phone, downgrading back to android 5.1 because i thought the upgrade to 6.0.1 was the reason this battery was worse but that wasnt the case. The battery is still sloppy. I tried not downloading anything and using the phone as it is and it still drains no reason. I've even disabled some Google apps to see if it would work but no luck :(. Would apperaciate all help and I looked into another forum to help me out and I don't have the battery optimaztion so i cant do that settings trick Thanks all :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're charging from a wall outlet, and not a computer USB port, right? The latter will always charge more slowly.

Have you already tried different charging cables/plugs? If the same thing happens with other chargers, then either there's a problem with the charging port, or (more likely) the battery is deteriorating. Batteries don't last forever -- depending on prior usage, they can stop holding charge after 2-3 years, or as early as one year if the battery hasn't been taken care of carefully.

Sonicflame21

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Yah true! I have tried with different charger ports. I have asked LG to fix it and they need $72 and im like what??? r u crazy?? thats how much the phone costs these days.. I just dont know if i should buy a new battery myself.. Everything works fine its just the battery. What do you think should i buy a new battery and replace it myself?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how comfortable you are with taking a phone apart and tinkering with it. There are a lot of guides out there about replacing the battery (like this one: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nexus+5+Battery+Replacement/26009), but if you do something wrong, you could potentially render the phone inoperable. If you don't feel comfortable with that, and you really want to keep the phone, then $72 is a pretty good price for that service (and FYI, the current price for used Nexus 5's that I could find is generally around $120 and above, so that still might be a decent deal for you).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol