[SOLVED] Sync trouble.

kolack

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having some trouble getting sync to work on my device. Within Chrome settings it says "Android system sync is disabled." In another section it says "Open Android settings and re-enable Android system to start Chrome sync.

Where do I enable Android system sync? If I go to Settings/Accounts/Google it says Sync disabled, then at the very bottom is says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. I appear to be able to sync the individual Chrome items manually from within this menu.

Basically I have a whole lot of browsing data on my device that is not being synced with my PC, i.e Chrome on PC. Can anybody help me fix this? I can't figure it out! I've attached some screenshots which may help also. Thanks!

Screenshot_2018-05-13-02-22-00.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-13-02-37-25.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-13-02-37-33.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-13-02-37-39.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sync trouble.

Have you checked if the global Sync toggle on your phone is on? If that option is off then nothing will sync to your account.

If it is, try logging out of your account and logging back in.

kolack

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Hi SpookDroid,

The global sync is on as seen in the drop down menu. I just reset the phone, turned on wifi, done a long press on the global sync button which opened a Google account section where it now says syncing. I can confirm it is syncing the previously un-synced Chrome bookmarks from my device to my PC as I sit in front of Chrome at my PC right now!, it is taking a long time as there must be a fair bit of un-synced data to sync.

So I realised a day or two ago in the various Google items to be synced that bookmarks was turned off and turned it back on. I have no idea why it is working now but thanks! I will check trough all of the sync settings again after it has finished this current long sync. I'm thinking of resetting the device so as long as everything is all synced up I should be good to go ahead with that right?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure. You can select 'Best Answer' if this were posted in the 'Ask a Question' section, but for the general device/OS threads, most a mod could do is close the thread to more comments. Or the usual: Edit your title to add 'SOLVED' to it :)

kolack

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I realise there were no definitive steps mentioned in the thread that got sync working, is was more a strike of luck I guess, lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma