Hi all.

I've been using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE for about a year and a half. I bought it new, out of the box and all. It ran Android 4,4 ever since.

Thing is that I'm noticing a problem with apps that are often updated. They stop working on my phone. I assume that happens because of old android version. Not only that - many apps I need cannot be downloaded because they only support 5,0+ phones.

With that being said, I decided to update my phone via settings. It downloaded files, installed them, and restarted... And got stuck on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen.

I started panicking, with all my files left on the phone... I went on SamMobile site, posted question there... Only answer was to visit official Samsung repair center . there's no such thing in my country, at least I couldn't find any info about it.
    I started downloading firmwares from internet and using Odin in order to flash it and make it work somehow since SamMobile offers option to download stock firmware for my phone - if I pay their subscription plan, which is absurd.

Weirdest thing is that I did it, I downloaded something that was named recovery rom (if I got that right). All my files were there, everything was perfect again... But now I'm unable to retry and update my phone. It tells me I have the leatest updates installed.

My current Baseband version is M9005VJUFQB1.

So my question is - can I somehow try to update my phone to 5,0 version without loosing any data? And what's more important, if it goes wrong, will I be able to revert back to 4,4 without data loss?
    06-02-2019 09:52 AM
    Hi all.

I've been using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE for about a year and a half. I bought it new, out of the box and all. It ran Android 4,4 ever since.

Thing is that I'm noticing a problem with apps that are often updated. They stop working on my phone. I assume that happens because of old android version. Not only that - many apps I need cannot be downloaded because they only support 5,0+ phones.

With that being said, I decided to update my phone via settings. It downloaded files, installed them, and restarted... And got stuck on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen.

I started panicking, with all my files left on the phone... I went on SamMobile site, posted question there... Only answer was to visit official Samsung repair center . there's no such thing in my country, at least I couldn't find any info about it.
    I started downloading firmwares from internet and using Odin in order to flash it and make it work somehow since SamMobile offers option to download stock firmware for my phone - if I pay their subscription plan, which is absurd.

Weirdest thing is that I did it, I downloaded something that was named recovery rom (if I got that right). All my files were there, everything was perfect again... But now I'm unable to retry and update my phone. It tells me I have the leatest updates installed.

My current Baseband version is M9005VJUFQB1.

So my question is - can I somehow try to update my phone to 5,0 version without loosing any data? And what's more important, if it goes wrong, will I be able to revert back to 4,4 without data loss?
    It's been awhile since I flashed on my note 3 , so use to the newer Samsung phones doing it, but I believe you will lose data.
    06-02-2019 09:58 AM
    Back up your data ASAP if you wanna keep it
    06-02-2019 12:19 PM