I go into settings/security and select lock screen, pin etc, but nothing happens. I'm not 100% sure but I think when I first got it had swipe screen that I disabled but that could've been a different device. Regardless, it doesn't currently do anything. Does Lollipop require it to be encrypted to get lock screen to function? I have disabled a lot of features so the music player will play all night as it's a tabletop android device to play music overnight in my child's room.
    09-17-2019 12:30 PM
    No. You can't "disable" the lock screen, you can set it to None. But setting it to Swipe or PIN should "enable" it again.

If it doesn't, run Play, type in lock screen, choose one (read the comments first - some apps are great, some don't work) and install it.
    09-17-2019 03:59 PM
    Is the lock screen not part of the lollipop os? The clear credentials option is not available, could that be it. Is it possible that I could've disabled something that is affecting the lock screen not working? Do I need to encrypt it for lock screen to function?
    09-18-2019 10:10 AM
    Do you mean that you have a screen lock set up, but the screen doesn't seem to lock? How long is the Automatically Lock interval set to?

Which phone is this?
    09-19-2019 12:49 AM
    Do you mean that you have a screen lock set up, but the screen doesn't seem to lock? How long is the Automatically Lock interval set to?

Which phone is this?
    Yes, I set the screen lock on, it's set for 5 seconds after screen goes to sleep, and auto after pressing power button, but nothing. I did some searching on here and see that variations of my problem are common, with the clear credentials grayed out, etc.
    09-19-2019 10:00 AM
    Does that also happen in Safe Mode?
    09-19-2019 09:53 PM