Strange readout when call from home phone

minnesotasutherland

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
I ordered a new card for the phone. I'll try it in my new one and see and if it doesn't work right I'll try it in my old one. It's so obviously something with verizon. i don't think their top tier people have any more knowledge than I do!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I ordered a new card for the phone. I'll try it in my new one and see and if it doesn't work right I'll try it in my old one. It's so obviously something with verizon. i don't think their top tier people have any more knowledge than I do!
Ok keep us posted , its a hit or miss with customer service , sometimes you get someone who knows and sometimes you don't.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
It isn't unusual when activating a new SIM to have some weirdness at first, but that should settle down within a couple of hours.

If the issue is only with certain calls, such as those coming from your home. I wonder if the issue might instead be with the Telco that you are using for your home phone provider? Though I assume the same numbers appear correctly on your husband's phone?

The odd number may be a network identifier from the Telco and it isn't passing a proper caller ID. But that's just a thought.

I am not sure if calleridtest.com would be of help either. I can't test it since I am not having a similar issue. So mine of course displays correctly for home and cell.

minnesotasutherland

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
It's not my home phone - Cox - my provider - did exhaustive testing. Also I think I mentioned, I've now had another call that was spam call but had my area code and first three phone digits do this. And the printout of who called clearly shows it's gone through Verizon.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
It's not my home phone - Cox - my provider - did exhaustive testing. Also I think I mentioned, I've now had another call that was spam call but had my area code and first three phone digits do this. And the printout of who called clearly shows it's gone through Verizon.
I did see that, but of course the other call could have also originated with the same Telco. I had a similar problem to what you are having with Xfinity on my home phone. They reset something, but it was many years ago and I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

minnesotasutherland

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
I have been over and over with this again with Verizon and cannot get any help from them at all. I'm going to have to use my square trade warranty and ask for a new phone. I don't know what else to do. I was talking to someone trying to help, we got cut off, she was going to call me back and never did. There has to be an answer out there. Why will the assigned ringtone not work? I assign a ringtone - it plays the default. It will not play my assigned ringtone.

minnesotasutherland

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
Update: I called Verizon AGAIN and talked to someone who seemed knowledgeable and really wanted to help but was unable to do so. He suggested I call Samsung. Did that and they said to take it into a local phone fixer and they will (free) download a total refresh (not just factory reset) for the phone. I did and got the phone back in a couple of hours. We tested it in the store. No addons. I entered my contact name number and name (my home landline phone) and chose a verizon ringtone from the stock ringtones just for that contact. Did exactly the same thing it has been doing to me - reads out the number (not the name) in trillions and billions and millions and hundreds and thousands and played the wrong ringtone. I entered the number of the landline of the store in my phone contact list and assigned it a ringtone. The store called my cell, it played the correct ringtone and said call from whoever was the name of the phone. Worked perfectly. Again, it is only my home phone calling my cell that does this. It has to be how Verizon interprets the call - there's no other option. I notified the person helping me at Verizon and he's escalating it again to the higher-ups. We'll see.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Final update: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-204106/&token=A6V6Z9lg I turned off HD voice. That's what was messing up the phone. You'd think Verizon would know that about their own system but apparently not.
Interesting issue. I haven't had Verizon in ages so I would not have even thought of that. But yeah, you would think Verizon would have had this happen to a customer before and know enough to at least try disabling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12