11-10-2015 01:36 AM
42 12
tools
    To piggy back on that idea if the 2 year rule is to be believed I've also heard that the 2 year clock starts after the device is no longer being sold. This makes a lot more sense than Nexis devices getting left behind so quick.
    Definitely agree with that standpoint. My Nexus 7 is still buttery smooth and could support M flawlessly and definitely makes more sense especially with Android getting lighter and lighter at every release and Google pledging that it could support 512 megabytes of ram like the Android One devices that it'll be hypocritical of Google to not support devices that have 2 gigabytes of ram.

Posted via the Android Central App for Sailfish OS on my iPad 7
    06-06-2015 04:07 AM
    You can be sure a dev will port it. The Nexus 7 is not gonna be in the Google update circle in the next 2 years so it might be one of the last updates.
    06-07-2015 11:14 AM
    Yes android M will be the last update for the nexus 7 2013. But will still get security updates after that. This was buy far my favorite tablet. Got it new when it came out. And gonna keep it till it dies. But might buy a nexus 9 or next years nexus tablet if they make one

Posted via Android Central App
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-07-2015 11:32 AM
    Yes android M will be the last update for the nexus 7 2013. But will still get security updates after that. This was buy far my favorite tablet. Got it new when it came out. And gonna keep it till it dies. But might buy a nexus 9 or next years nexus tablet if they make one

I've got both in the house and the 9 is definitely the one for me. Love the larger screen and 4:3 screen ratio.
    06-07-2015 01:05 PM
    sad thing with Apple is that they remove items from the update in order for older hardware to manage to use the update. I'm not a fan of that. But that's just my 2 cents.
    08-15-2015 08:34 PM
    This should answer your question

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Will the 2013 nexus 7 get android M?-img_20150929_100732.jpg  
    So Cold and Aquila like this.
    09-29-2015 12:21 PM
    Not according to Google. Supposedly only the Nexus 5, 6 and 9 are getting Android M

Sent from my GPE 5.1 HTC DROID DNA.
    Below is just one of many reports about which Nexus devices will and will not be getting Android M, it was on just about every Android blog and news site. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is what it is. If you need more than just this news story, Google is your friend.

Android M Geared Only For Nexus 5, 6 & 9; Older Nexus Models Stuck With Lollipop 5.xx

Although the Nexus 7 isn't going to get an official Google release, I'm sure it will get quickly ported for your device.

I hardly took it personally, as I said, it has been reported on many news sites, I only included one. READ, READ READ, since it's on many news sites, you shouldn't have a problem finding it. The best thing you can do is wait. I'll bet google won't be giving you that upgrade. They made it clear that if your device is Two years old other alder, you WILL NOT BE GETTING THE UPDATE, just security updates. WHAT'S WITH THE WHINING, JUST DEAL WITH IT AND WAIT FOR THE PORT!, ID BE DISSAPOINTED AS WELL. IF I HAD ONE OF YOUR DEVICES. THE ONLY THING YOU AND THE NEXUS, 4, will be getting security patches. Do your homework. I hope this works out for you, but not likely.
    As I said Google it, there are several, not just one story about the Nexus 4 and 7 not getting the update. What Google said was if it's 2 or more years old you would not get the update, but they will provide you with security updates. This story was on Android police, Android authority, Android guys, Phandroid and if I'm not mistaken, it was here on Android Central as well. So unless Google changed their mind, that's where it stands.

Rereading this thread just makes me smile.
    09-29-2015 12:28 PM
    Rereading this thread just makes me smile.
    Look at all these rumors
    Surrounding me every day
    I just need some time
    Some time to get away

Good ol' Timex Social Club.

I'm stoked that the 2013 Nexus 7 will get Marshmallow. So many good things in the next version (like Doze and permission control, mmmm).
    09-30-2015 10:03 AM
    you WILL NOT BE GETTING THE UPDATE
    Look at all these rumors
    Surrounding me every day
    I just need some time
    Some time to get away

Good ol' Timex Social Club.

I'm stoked that the 2013 Nexus 7 will get Marshmallow. So many good things in the next version (like Doze and permission control, mmmm).
    Not just rumors, misquoted rumors presented as facts.

Think that guy will be back?
    09-30-2015 10:27 AM
    Not just rumors, misquoted rumors presented as facts.

Think that guy will be back?
    No. He looked incredibly bad.
    10-07-2015 02:38 AM

Me, too!
    10-09-2015 12:16 PM
    I am not sideloading this thing after going throw the hell I had with my Nexus 6. When it gets it gets it.
    10-09-2015 12:33 PM
    Below is just one of many reports about which Nexus devices will and will not be getting Android M, it was on just about every Android blog and news site. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is what it is. If you need more than just this news story, Google is your friend.

Android M Geared Only For Nexus 5, 6 & 9; Older Nexus Models Stuck With Lollipop 5.xx

Although the Nexus 7 isn't going to get an official Google release, I'm sure it will get quickly ported for your device.

too bad this is why you dont jump in to conclusion by reading article which are just speculations
    10-20-2015 01:53 PM
    too bad this is why you dont jump in to conclusion by reading article which are just speculations
    That, and the article linked there doesn't even claim the nexus 7 won't get marshmallow so he misquoted speculations.
    10-21-2015 01:01 PM
    Hi,

Nexus 7 2013 (Flo) tablets already got Android M. Build Number MRA58UWill the 2013 nexus 7 get android M?-dump_582676758628634793.jpg
    10-27-2015 06:22 AM
    My N7 still has not received the OTA to 6.0.

Posted via the Android Central App on N7 '13
    10-27-2015 10:42 AM
    I just got the update via ota. I never seem to get the latest updates on time... Also, I noticed as I type this that sometimes the key press sound disappears when I type certain words... Strange, that's my only complaint. M seems to have boosted the overall performance of my tablet too, so far I'm very pleased!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2015 01:36 AM
42 12