Will the 2013 nexus 7 get android M?

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what taking something personally means?

And I have a nexus 9 so don't assume that I'm the one getting **** hurt here dude.

Find 1 article out of all these articles you mention that was written after I/O and says officially that the nexus 7 2013 is not getting M.

That's how these things usually work, people site sources rather than just stating things as fact.

If you did actually take your own advice and read you would notice I never actually said you were wrong, I just asked you to back up your statement and instead you got **** hurt.

For what its worth google hasn't been in the habit of releasing a nexus device and then only giving it 1 major update so in my opinion (notice I said opinion and don't just state things as fact) I would expect to see android M the major android release for 2015 on a nexus device from 2013.

As I said Google it, there are several, not just one story about the Nexus 4 and 7 not getting the update. What Google said was if it's 2 or more years old you would not get the update, but they will provide you with security updates. This story was on Android police, Android authority, Android guys, Phandroid and if I'm not mistaken, it was here on Android Central as well. So unless Google changed their mind, that's where it stands.

Sent from my GPE 5.1 HTC DROID DNA.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
As I said Google it, there are several, not just one story about the Nexus 4 and 7 not getting the update. What Google said was if it's 2 or more years old you would not get the update, but they will provide you with security updates. This story was on Android police, Android authority, Android guys, Phandroid and if I'm not mistaken, it was here on Android Central as well. So unless Google changed their mind, that's where it stands.

Seriously? I don't know how to explain this any better...

I can google and find plenty of articles that say the nexus program is dead.

I can even google and find out who shot JFK and learn all about what really happened on 9/11.

Just because you can google something doesn't mean anything. The article you provided was nothing but speculation that was never confirmed. That, and you completely misquoted it as we've already established, the article doesn't ever claim the 2013 nexus 7 won't get M.

If you want to make a point that the nexus 7 2013 will not get android M then simply cite a source written after I/O that is more than reporting a rumor (theses tech sites report on rumors all the time in case you haven't noticed).

Just for grins I did a quick search and found another rumor (gottabemobile) written before I/O stating explicitly the tablet will get M. It was actually the top result, how cool is that?

So you are debating a rumor (pointless) and with a seriously pour and unfounded argument.

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? I don't know how to explain this any better...

I can google and find plenty of articles that say the nexus program is dead.

I can even google and find out who shot JFK and learn all about what really happened on 9/11.

Just because you can google something doesn't mean anything. The article you provided was nothing but speculation that was never confirmed. That, and you completely misquoted it as we've already established, the article doesn't ever claim the 2013 nexus 7 won't get M.

If you want to make a point that the nexus 7 2013 will not get android M then simply cite a source written after I/O that is more than reporting a rumor (theses tech sites report on rumors all the time in case you haven't noticed).

Just for grins I did a quick search and found another rumor (gottabemobile) written before I/O stating explicitly the tablet will get M. It was actually the top result, how cool is that?

So you are debating a rumor (pointless) and with a seriously pour and unfounded argument.

Yes. Beautifully stated plus IB Times is very unreliable and this no one should take that site serious what so ever. I doubt that it WON'T get it honestly. I think Google could careless about a time limit if the hardware can support it. Look at Apple and its devices. IPhone 4s still getting updates and from a device from 2011 that is STILL slated to get iOS 9.

Posted via the Android Central App for Sailfish OS on my iPad 7

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Beautifully stated plus IB Times is very unreliable and this no one should take that site serious what so ever. I doubt that it WON'T get it honestly. I think Google could careless about a time limit if the hardware can support it. Look at Apple and its devices. IPhone 4s still getting updates and from a device from 2011 that is STILL slated to get iOS 9.

To piggy back on that idea if the 2 year rule is to be believed I've also heard that the 2 year clock starts after the device is no longer being sold. This makes a lot more sense than Nexis devices getting left behind so quick.

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
To piggy back on that idea if the 2 year rule is to be believed I've also heard that the 2 year clock starts after the device is no longer being sold. This makes a lot more sense than Nexis devices getting left behind so quick.

Definitely agree with that standpoint. My Nexus 7 is still buttery smooth and could support M flawlessly and definitely makes more sense especially with Android getting lighter and lighter at every release and Google pledging that it could support 512 megabytes of ram like the Android One devices that it'll be hypocritical of Google to not support devices that have 2 gigabytes of ram.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
You can be sure a dev will port it. The Nexus 7 is not gonna be in the Google update circle in the next 2 years so it might be one of the last updates.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes android M will be the last update for the nexus 7 2013. But will still get security updates after that. This was buy far my favorite tablet. Got it new when it came out. And gonna keep it till it dies. But might buy a nexus 9 or next years nexus tablet if they make one

Posted via Android Central App

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes android M will be the last update for the nexus 7 2013. But will still get security updates after that. This was buy far my favorite tablet. Got it new when it came out. And gonna keep it till it dies. But might buy a nexus 9 or next years nexus tablet if they make one

I've got both in the house and the 9 is definitely the one for me. Love the larger screen and 4:3 screen ratio.

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
sad thing with Apple is that they remove items from the update in order for older hardware to manage to use the update. I'm not a fan of that. But that's just my 2 cents.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Not according to Google. Supposedly only the Nexus 5, 6 and 9 are getting Android M

Below is just one of many reports about which Nexus devices will and will not be getting Android M, it was on just about every Android blog and news site. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is what it is. If you need more than just this news story, Google is your friend.

Android M Geared Only For Nexus 5, 6 & 9; Older Nexus Models Stuck With Lollipop 5.xx

Although the Nexus 7 isn't going to get an official Google release, I'm sure it will get quickly ported for your device.

I hardly took it personally, as I said, it has been reported on many news sites, I only included one. READ, READ READ, since it's on many news sites, you shouldn't have a problem finding it. The best thing you can do is wait. I'll bet google won't be giving you that upgrade. They made it clear that if your device is Two years old other alder, you WILL NOT BE GETTING THE UPDATE, just security updates. WHAT'S WITH THE WHINING, JUST DEAL WITH IT AND WAIT FOR THE PORT!, ID BE DISSAPOINTED AS WELL. IF I HAD ONE OF YOUR DEVICES. THE ONLY THING YOU AND THE NEXUS, 4, will be getting security patches. Do your homework. I hope this works out for you, but not likely.

Rereading this thread just makes me smile.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Rereading this thread just makes me smile.
Look at all these rumors
Surrounding me every day
I just need some time
Some time to get away

Good ol' Timex Social Club.

I'm stoked that the 2013 Nexus 7 will get Marshmallow. So many good things in the next version (like Doze and permission control, mmmm).

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
you WILL NOT BE GETTING THE UPDATE

Look at all these rumors
Surrounding me every day
I just need some time
Some time to get away

Good ol' Timex Social Club.

I'm stoked that the 2013 Nexus 7 will get Marshmallow. So many good things in the next version (like Doze and permission control, mmmm).

Not just rumors, misquoted rumors presented as facts.

Think that guy will be back?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Me, too!

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am not sideloading this thing after going throw the hell I had with my Nexus 6. When it gets it gets it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Below is just one of many reports about which Nexus devices will and will not be getting Android M, it was on just about every Android blog and news site. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is what it is. If you need more than just this news story, Google is your friend.

Android M Geared Only For Nexus 5, 6 & 9; Older Nexus Models Stuck With Lollipop 5.xx

Although the Nexus 7 isn't going to get an official Google release, I'm sure it will get quickly ported for your device.

too bad this is why you dont jump in to conclusion by reading article which are just speculations

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey