I've flashed the M preview on my Nexus 9, but it has quite a lot of bugs for me:

- Home button doesn't work at all. I press the home button but it never goes to the home screen or exits apps
    - The notification drawer doesn't have the second pull down motion to show more options
    - Apps won't download when I select 'download all' in the Play Store. Have to download them one by one
    - Gmail won't sync at all. Stuck on "getting your messages"

Understandably this is a preview and is supposed to have bugs. Not complaining about that, just wondering if others who are previewing M on their Nexus 9 are having similar experiences? Maybe I should try flashing it again?
    05-30-2015 08:51 PM
    Maybe a factory reset? From what I've read so far it seems fairly stable.

I would flash my nexus 9 but its currently at HTC repairs after the 5.0.2 update bricked it...
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    05-30-2015 10:10 PM
    Maybe a factory reset? From what I've read so far it seems fairly stable.

I would flash my nexus 9 but its currently at HTC repairs after the 5.0.2 update bricked it...
    Wow, now I feel stupid. Did a factory reset after reading your comment, now it looks to be working fine. All those issues I mentioned have been fixed.

And let me say that Android M is damn slick. Super fast, looks very clean, fluid etc. Even faster than the 5.1.1 update. One thing I've noticed is that the app drawer, while it scrolls vertically, doesn't have the apps separated by letters. So there's no row of apps starting with A, then B etc.

I think in the videos I've seen, the Nexus 6 and Nexus 5 phones have the apps in the app drawers are alphabetised and separated by letter.
    05-31-2015 07:43 AM
    Wow, now I feel stupid. Did a factory reset after reading your comment, now it looks to be working fine. All those issues I mentioned have been fixed.

And let me say that Android M is damn slick. Super fast, looks very clean, fluid etc. Even faster than the 5.1.1 update. One thing I've noticed is that the app drawer, while it scrolls vertically, doesn't have the apps separated by letters. So there's no row of apps starting with A, then B etc.

I think in the videos I've seen, the Nexus 6 and Nexus 5 phones have the apps in the app drawers are alphabetised and separated by letter.
    I have also found a pretty noticeable boost in performance between 5.1 and 6.0; I'm very happy with it, despite it being a developer preview.
    05-31-2015 09:33 AM
    Working quite well here as well. A few apps are unhappy, but not enough to complain about for a os thats been out 5 days.
    06-01-2015 01:27 PM
    I am also running Android M on my nexus 9. I am having an issue where my laptop doesn't recognize the device. I can't transfer any music or files to the tablet with the USB cable.

Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-16-2015 01:05 AM
    I am also running Android M on my nexus 9. I am having an issue where my laptop doesn't recognize the device. I can't transfer any music or files to the tablet with the USB cable.
    Go into Developer options and you need to change "Select USB Configuration" Change it to MTP.
    06-16-2015 10:31 PM