So Doze is working on my Nexus 7. I knew I had received a few emails over the past few hours, having dismissed the notifications on my phone. I pick up my Nexus 7 and after 30 seconds or so, a notification for multiple emails pops up. So to have emails come through right away, even when dozing, I can raise the gmail app to high priority, right? What happens when I put my phone into Do Not Disturb mode, at night? I still want phone calls from starred contacts, but no gmails. When I leave my 'coming soon' Nexus 6P on my desk at work, am I going to have to jiggle it every so often so that gmails come through in real time? Did we just negate push notifications in favor of battery life? I can put my phone in airplane mode, if that's all Doze is going to do. I applaud their creativity to try to help us out, but Doze seems to have some pretty hard trade offs. Am I missing something? Anybody know the doze time-out time?
    10-12-2015 03:34 PM
    Did we just negate push notifications in favor of battery life?
    Push should actually save battery life. The phone isn't constantly polling the server.

As far as doze and DnD, Doze goes silent for the time specified, DnD goes silent.

I guess maybe there should be a universal whitelist of phone numbers and email addresses that get through DnD, but we're not quite there yet.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2015 06:12 PM