Since getting Marshmallow, why can I no longer hear outbound call ringtones over Bluetooth?

A

AC Question

Marshmallow. No longer hear outbound call ring tone over bluetooth.

Prior to upgrading to Marshmallow on my Nexus 5, I would always hear the phone ringing until call answered when making a call over Bluetooth. Now, I no longer hear the ringing and radio continues to play until call is answered. Then Bluetooth kicks in. I'd like to hear the ringing again. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

olle_1

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I'm also experiencing this issue however the radio gets mute (on Mazda) while "dialing".
Tried to reset the cache as been advised above but no success.

pascanu

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Tried clearing cache, no success.

To better describe the symptoms:
"Devices: Nexus 5 + Mazda CX-5 (2013)
What actually happens: if I initiate a call while connected via BT to the car system the phone starts dialing, the car audio (radio) turns off, then there's a beep just like the phone has hang up, radio starts playing again but the phone is actually dialing and is still connected tot the car BT. As soon as the other party picks up the audio system switches to the phone and everything goes back to normal. Strange and annoying becaus you don't know if the phone is actually dialing unless you look at it.
This started happening after I upgraded to M.

anon(243620)

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Tried clearing cache, no success.

To better describe the symptoms:
"Devices: Nexus 5 + Mazda CX-5 (2013)
What actually happens: if I initiate a call while connected via BT to the car system the phone starts dialing, the car audio (radio) turns off, then there's a beep just like the phone has hang up, radio starts playing again but the phone is actually dialing and is still connected tot the car BT. As soon as the other party picks up the audio system switches to the phone and everything goes back to normal. Strange and annoying becaus you don't know if the phone is actually dialing unless you look at it.
This started happening after I upgraded to M.

Same problem after m update
Mazda 6 2015

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting--I wonder if that's a Mazda issue. I'm not having that problem on my car. My wife has a 2010 Mazda 6, though, so I could experiment with that later.

Melophat

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue in my 2015 Hyundai sonata with my Nexus 5.. Definitely not just a mazda issue. I also have the Android Auto upgrade for my car and this issue occurs while using both the factory bt screen/system and in when im in Android Auto. Didn't have it on any of the M developer previews, it started when I moved to M final.. Also, I did a fresh flash straight from the Google provided images, including a factory wipe after the images were flashed, so there's not really any possibility of left over files mucking up the mix.. This is killing me, as I make a lot of business calls while driving and there is a good 5-7 second delay from the point where the other end picks up and when I can actually hear them.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow. No longer hear outbound call ring tone over bluetooth.

I have the same problem with a headset and my Nexus 6P. New phone, freshly-paired hands-free device so it's a core OS issue it seems.